Modulight designs have been used in diverse of applications from on-board space satellite core systems to specialized equipment designed for ischemic stroke and Photodynamic Therapy (PDT). Modulight has designed & built lasers over 20 years.
Typical customer requirements start from specific pharmaceutical treatment or industrial process description, to which Modulight engineers propose a working solution. Designs are reviewed & validated with customers before release to prototype manufacturing and onwards to mass production.
Modulight has full in-house design capabilities for:
- Optical semiconductor – epitaxy, process & chip
- Mechanical / ergonomics design
- Electrical / PCB design
- SW & safety design
- Usability & UI design
- Design for test & calibration
Case – Design for usability
- Customers told us that typical laser instruments are hard to use, engineer products yet lack functionality.
- Modulight designed a touch screen driven approach with usability design first.
- Furthermore number of (laser) channels was far from optimal in systems available at the market – we introduced a very easily configurable multichannel system.
Case – Time to Market (TTM)
- North American medical customer had spent several years working with different laser module suppliers as well as internal & external teams to create a medical laser system to be used in combination of a medicine treatment. Several efforts had been all unsuccessful.
- Modulight sketched rough requirements document with customer engineers followed by series of design reviews & collaborative meetings.
- In 9 months Modulight delivered the complete system ready for hospital environment & certification documentation.
Case – New laser needed
- European customer needed a medical laser with specific optical parameters and stability.
- Modulight worked with the customers team, designed, tested and provided the certification documentation for regulatory purposes in mere 3 months time.
- Today customer has tens of systems across Europe in different hospitals and the laser is core part of the company’s value proposition