Modulight has 40,000 sq.ft. site complete with design, production and testing facilities. We have large cleanrooms and semi-clean areas separately for different system & semiconductor production as well as R&D purposes. Our facilities enable processing virtually all relevant compound semiconductors starting from lithography to bar/die cleaving & coating.
Our system assembly area houses similar rigorous testing & traceability capabilities as our state-of-the-art semiconductor fab. Many of our customers felt that having the whole chain within a company has dramatically reduced total lead-times and thereby reduced cost.
Research & development
- Our broad in-house capabilities reduce the development time.
- Thanks to our semiconductor capabilities, we can often tailor and experiment with different lasers with relatively low cost, even when quite exotic optical parameters are required.
Pilot production / “Pre market”
- Most customers require extensive pilot production lots even years before formal manufacturing – all these can be done in production-like environment with rigorous documentation, traceability and validation criteria. Many customers told us that they have never seen similar capabilities in any other company.
- Doing pre-market production & certification manufacturing in highly controlled environment typically reduces overall certification time and regulatory approval costs.
Manufacturing / “After market”
- Highly computerized and ultimate traceability in documentation is used in regular production also.
- We can trace every single product ever manufactured down to its original raw materials and preceding test lots.